You have decided to start a website for your business. What’s next? Creating a website requires considerable research and planning, which are aspects that beginners often miss out. You may not want to hire a designer, but we can bet that the dos and don’ts mentioned below will help in taking the right steps.
- Find your audience. Long before you can think of web page design and other things, you have to define your audience and what they expect from the portal. Don’t just put vague content on what could have been a good website.
- Select the domain name wisely. Make sure that you select a domain name that’s relevant for people and is easy to type and remember. You can easily check online for domains that are available for sale and matches your requirements.
- Research on keywords. You need to know the basics of SEO and keywords before you can launch a website, and there’s enough free information out there.
- Go for WordPress. If there is one content management system that’s easy to use and brings in enough support for beginners, it has to be WordPress. You can check choices like Drupal and Joomla, but WordPress still offers a better edge.
- Invest time for social media. You have to pay attention as how your website is promoted on social media, and the planning should start from the launch. Make sure that you are well-versed with creating and maintaining pages on Facebook and Twitter at the least.
- Don’t go for free hosting plans. There is nothing called a free hosting plan, and even if you find one, there are likely to compromise with regards to uptime, bandwidth, and storage. Make sure that you go for a paid yet affordable plan.
- Don’t shy away from taking help. While you can create a website with free resources, there is no harm in seeking professional help, especially when you are not sure of how to get things right. Web designers are affordable these days, so don’t shy away from the option.
- Don’t forget to take up challenges. If you write the same old content in a rehashed way, you will never really find an audience that will sustain in the long run. No matter whether it’s the design, content or other aspects, take challenges and try something new.
Check online now to find more on hosting plans and domain names.