Having security cameras installed in homes and offices enhances the chances of being safe and keeping your family and employees secured at every point in time. However, with changing time, the modern and upgraded technology system has gone to a stage where it can give way to various vulnerabilities, especially, hackers.
What are the security threats that you can face?
- Cloud platform allows transmission of videos over the internet and this exposes the username and password to the hackers.
- All cloud facilitated security cameras can now be connected to a common network, which makes it easier for hackers to intrude into your system.
- A lot of people don’t change their default password or keep their unique passwords unchanged for a longer time. This can conveniently expose your system to hackers can publicize all your important data at the click of the mouse.
- The hackers nowadays can even hack into baby monitors and security cameras in private spaces, and not just in offices and business spaces.
- Your employees and family members have every chance of introducing malware and harmful elements through phishing.
- Malicious hardware is another big reason for endangering the safety of your security settings and systems.
- Visiting malicious sites can always compromise your security to the hackers who have better chances of unlocking your passwords and getting into your system.
Now, how to avoid these security breaches?
The cheaper wireless IP cameras are no doubt widely in use but this doesn’t make them totally safe from hacking and malware hazards. The hackers have only found out new ways to sneak into your security system and give you the probable shock of your life by exposing your personal details or business details to the outsiders who can benefit from your loss. IP cameras can also be hacked to feature fake content and they are equally vulnerable to a special type of malware.
Here, keeping your security cameras on different networks further helps you to safeguard the most vital information as most hackers try to attack one camera in a common network and then they move to attack the other cameras in the same network.
It is always a better option to go for the wired cameras as they don’t let outsiders manipulate your system externally. Effective encryption and securing a wireless network can prove to be highly efficient in protecting your security settings from falling prey to unsocial elements and hackers. All you need is the right information and a how-to guide.